Get ready for the fifth annual GW Flag Day, on Wednesday, April 17! This campus-wide effort educates students, faculty, and staff about the ways in which philanthropy enables the GW experience.
Did you know approximately 70% of GW undergraduate students receive financial assistance from GW?
I received a scholarship from a donor that truly impacted my life. I'm the first in my family to ever go to college, and we've always wondered how we were going to pay for my education. My scholarship provides a sense of security for my parents, siblings, and myself. It's something I never dreamed could be possible. I'm so incredibly grateful for the opportunity to be at GW and I hope that one day I can help someone the way my scholarship donor helped me.
- GW Undergraduate, class of 2020
GW Flag Day Campus activities on April 17 include:
- Thank you note writing to university donors and cupcakes on Kogan Plaza
- Stations around campus to learn how volunteers and donors support your school
- Philanthrofacts, yard games, and more!
- Share your Philanthropic Story at the link above or by texting GWFLAGDAY to 52886
Last year, students gathered in Kogan Plaza to write nearly 2,000 thank you notes and participated in "Flag Your Appreciation" by planting George Washington’s Commander-in-Chief flag around campus to show where philanthropy has meant the most to them.