The Colonial Connection contacts alumni, parents, and friends of the University to update alumni records, share information on current events around campus, and solicit gifts for academic programs and scholarships.
Fill out the Online Application Form to apply.
Questions? check out our FAQ's:
- Who are the Colonial Callers?
- When do I have to work?
- What’s so great about this job?
- How much money am I going to make?
- Where is the Colonial Connection?
- Will you train me?
- Who are you looking for?
- How do I apply?
- What if I have further questions?
Who are the Colonial Callers?
The GW Colonial Callers are student fundraisers who contact alumni to update demographic information, keep alumni connected to the University, and solicit monetary gifts to support students through academic programs, scholarships, and student life.
When do I have to work?
Callers are required to work a minimum of 3 shifts per week. You will make your own schedule, and choose from the following shifts:
ACADEMIC YEAR (late August through April)
- Monday – Thursday: 6:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Friday: 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Sunday: 2:30 – 5:30 p.m.
- Sunday: 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
SUMMER SESSIONS (May through late August)
- Monday – Thursday: 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m
- Sunday: 2:00 – 5:00 p.m.
What’s so great about this job?
- Colonial Callers have flexible shift selection based on student schedules.
- There is opportunity for advancement.
- Spending time on the phone gives you a chance to connect and network with alumni.
- All employees are GW students, so the Colonial Connection is a fun place to work!
How much money am I going to make?
Colonial Callers start at a base salary of $13.00 an hour.
Where is the Colonial Connection?
The call center is located at 2033 K Street, Suite 300, just a few blocks from the Marvin Center. The building is secure, and the calling room holds 30 callers.
Will you train me?
Yes, of course! You will be ready to get on the phones once you’ve completed the three-part training, which is conducted in the evenings over the course of one week. Acceptance into the training program does not guarantee employment at the Colonial Connection.
Who are you looking for?
We are looking for students from diverse backgrounds. There is no particular mold, so well spoken students from all majors, ethnicities, minority groups, nationalities, and levels of previous experience are encouraged to apply. The Colonial Connection fits in particularly well for students with interests in philanthropy, marketing, communications, alumni relations, networking, University development, GW school spirit, and student life.
How do I apply?
Complete the online application form.
What if I have further questions?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202) 994-7127.